So...
It's been one week since I posted which made me realize two things: 1.) My life is so borning 2.) I made it a week without a Facebook!
Now the first thing is sad but true, but I am in the process of changing. My Louisville friend count is up to 14 now! Plus, I met a nice girl at church two Sundays ago. She doesn't have facebook, so I will talk about her via Twitter (just kidding, but seriously, she's cute). I am starting to get a social life of my own. It feels good. I am going to start taking membership classes at a Church and I am getting excited about having my own life here in Louisville.
Now onto the second thing. It has been one week since the divorce of Kenton and Facebook. I did receive some mean texts (by people whom I would rather not associate with) who were upset that I got rid of it. I mean, come on, have we become that addicted to a social networking site? I do feel out of the loop. So far I have missed three break-ups, one chick got pregnant, and a friend moving away. Deleting my Facebook did make me lose touch with a lot of people. Deleting Facebook also helped me with something else: it made me actually invest in people's lives to continue the friendship. Does that mean you cannot do that with Facebook? No, you can, I just had to figure it out by deleting it.
I haven't decided if I am going to go back to the Facebook yet. I like being off the grid. I also am amused by people thinking that I had a major meltdown which prompted the deletion. I know that when I do go back to Facebook (which may be never), I will spend significantly less time on it
Also, my Twitter addiction has worsened NBD
No comments:
Post a Comment