So...
Haven't blogged since it was no longer a grade for me. Anywho, I deleted Facebook so now, I need another social forum to talk about things that make me laugh, cry, or piss me off other than twitter (the 140 character limit gets pretty annoying). So here I am, on blogspot. A place, I never wanted to be, typing for people that will never read this. But oh well...
Let's start things off with why I left the mainstream world of Facebook (that may sound hipster, but I promise, I am not!)
First off, Mark Zuckerberg just looks like a douche. I mean, he can solve world hunger and cure AIDs and rescue every baby kitten stuck in a tree and I would still think this. This is mainly because of two things: 1.) The Socail Network (my disdain for Jesse Eisenberg will be a later post) and 2.) The way he looks in pictures and in the media. We get it, you are smart and most likely the antiChrist. Cool Mark Zuckerberg, real cool
Another reason, is I was tired of making sure I always looked the part of the good Christian former camp counselor that never did anything wrong. Don't get me wrong. I still am madly in love with Jesus. More today than yesterday, but I got tired of thinking if a friends post of an inside joke would make me look bad. I am human and do stupid things, sometimes in the presence of a camera (ex: New Year's Eve), but I do not need people sending me Facebook messages telling me how disappointed people I have only met once are in me. This is a stupid reason and will get the most flack from people.
The third reason for my Facebook cutoff is that it truly does run your life. I will sit a work and sometimes just creep on people, but then I act surprised when they tell me their boyfriend/girlfriend dumped them. We all do it and I am just currently tired of it. If someone hates me, I want to know the old fashioned way, by them talking behind my back and not on other's "wall". Also, if another friend gets engaged...well... I will be glad not knowing that.
I am saying goodbye to Facebook for an undetermined amount of time. It may be a day, month, a year, or FOREVER (please say that in your head like it is in The Sandlot). I hope that you will still be my friend
I've considered deleting my facebook on multiple occasions, for different reasons, but I get it. Loved The Sandlot reference, btw! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
ReplyDelete