Thursday, May 5, 2011
Ding Dong the Witch of the Middle East is Dead! or is he?
After a tremendousoly busy weekend working with the youth group I work with here in Campbellsville, I get on Facebook and find that my newsfeed was blowing up with death statuses referring to bin Laden. This brings my first point that I was very embarrassed that I found the major news story of the year and possibly the decade via Facebook. But I soon was glued to the news networks detailing every detail of his final moments. I ended my night with listening to Barack Obama's speech. As I was glued to the tube, I was soon disgusted with him taking all credit of the attack. I felt that he did a huge part, but he was not the sole victor in this huge battle against terror. The next day was bombarded with the news that people thought that bin Laden really was not dead. This was heartbraking because I thought this was it. I feel that bin Laden is truley dead and the fact that we cannot see his death photo does not change that. People are now going to use this as a political stunt for the upcoming presidential election. I am anxious to see how the Republicans (mostly Tea Partiers) take this story on. I feel that this is going to get ugly in the coming months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment